Speakers Confirmed for CHTA 2004 Conference and Annual General Meeting: October 24th, the Fairmont Hotel, Winnipeg, MB, Canada
September 24th, 2004
The Canadian Hemp Trade Alliance/ Alliance Commerciale Canadienne du Chanvre (CHTA/ACCC) will be holding its 2004 Conference and Annual General Meeting in Winnipeg, Manitoba on October 24th, 2004 at The Fairmont Hotel. Speakers confirmed to date include:
- Kelley Fitzpatrick - NutriTech Consulting - "Consumer Attitudes and Market for EFAs"
- Grant Pierce - U of Manitoba/St Boniface Hospital - "The Effects of Dietary Hempseed on the Cardiovascular System"
- Steven Schroeder - Health Canada - "Results from 2004 Cannabinoid Survey of Hemp Foods"
- Keith Watson - Manitoba Agriculture, Food and Rural Initiatives - "Field Work, Variety Comparisons at Different seeding rates and evaluating for Fibre and Grain Yield"
- Gordon Scheifele - Ontario Hemp Alliance - "Ontario Fibre and Seed Breeding Project 2004"
- Mercedes Alcock - Composites Innovation Centre
- Satya Panigrahi - U of Saskatchewan - "Fibre R&D Initiatives"
- Gero Leson, Scientific Advisor - Current Research and Market Development Initiatives for Hemp Foods"
- Hemp Food Marketing Panel - "Bringing the Food to the People"
- Parkland Industrial Hemp Growers - "Plant Update and Seed Project"
- BioHemp Environmental Technologies - "BioBlocks and Hemp Paints"
"We've put together a very interesting program for this year's conference," says Arthur Hanks, Executive Director, CHTA. "The 2004 Conference includes a strong mix of topics -- hemp seed food, production, marketing, and research, as well as fibre processing, economic development and new opportunities. The event is a solid opportunity to learn more about hemp in Canada, to plan for the future and to network within the industry."
The all day event will begin at 8 AM and will include a hemp lunch, snacks, and excellent networking opportunities for entrepreneurs, farmers, businesses and researchers involved in the Canadian hemp industry. As well, the CHTA's AGM will include elections for Board of Directors and a membership roundtable.
This event follows the University of Manitoba's "Conference on The Role of CLA in Human Health: Mechanisms and Biomarkers", to be held at the Fairmont Hotel on October 21-23rd.
The Fairmont Hotel is located at 2 Lombard Place, near the intersection of Portage and Main. See http://www.fairmont.com/winnipeg/
for more information.
Conference fee is $50 for CHTA/ACCC members and 75 $ for nonmembers.
Table/display opportunities are available for $50 to CHTA members. Space is limited.
Ticket Sales and Preregistration are now open.
The nonprofit CHTA's mandate includes market development and advocacy, information creation and distribution, research. Established in 2003, the CHTA is a national group of hemp processors, marketers, farmers and researchers. Membership is open to all companies active in the Canadian industrial hemp sector. Hemp is our business.
For more information about the CHTA/ACCC and hemp in Canada please see our web sites at www.hemptrade.ca
For membership inquiries, see our online form at:
For other conference information and all speaker inquiries please contact:
Executive Director, CHTA
Tel: (306) 757-HEMP (4367)
Fax: (306) 757-4365